Chipping Away - Busting Debt in Boston

A personal finance weblog about my own journey to eliminating my debts and building net worth. Hopefully this will serve as a place for me to share and discuss my strategies and ideas, as well as keeping me on track and focused.

7/13/2006

Grocery Cards - PILES of Savings

The last couple of times I've been to the grocery store, I've been pleasantly surprised to find that some brand of almost every item I needed/wanted was on sale if I used my Stop&Shop card at checkout. $10 for 10 for items that usually cost $1.29, ice cream for $1.99 instead of the regular $4.99, or packages of rasberries for $2.50 instead of $4.00... The list goes on and on, and even though the individual discounts never seem like much at the time, it's amazing how much they add up.

See, every receipt I get when I check out has a running total of how much I've saved for the year by taking advantage of the card-specific sale items. The running total? A little over $250 so far this year (keep in mind it's only July). That's more than a whole month of groceries in savings! Suddenly I'm starting to think that coupon-clippers aren't that crazy after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home